Thank you for accepting our invitation
Welcome aboard! We are thrilled to have you as our guest on our upcoming podcast and video episode. Your presence is a valuable addition to our show, and we can’t wait to create an amazing episode together.
To ensure that your experience is nothing short of fantastic, we’ve prepared this comprehensive document, tailored specifically to make your guest appearance comfortable, easy, and enjoyable. You’ll find all the essential details, including our recording date and venue, a preparation checklist, an overview of the podcast discussion, and a guest information form.
Our team is committed to making this a seamless and fun experience for you. So, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, concerns, or additional requests. We’re here to assist you every step of the way.
Once again, thank you for accepting our invitation. We can’t wait to have an insightful and engaging conversation with you on our podcast. Let’s make it a memorable episode together!
How To Attend the Recording
Topic: (Please refer to the calendar invite sent via e-mail.)
Recording Time and Date: (Please refer to the calendar invite sent via e-mail.)
Recording Venue: (A separate invitation will also be sent from Riverside.)
About Riverside FM
For this recording session, we’ll be using Riverside FM for better virtual recording. Riverside FM is a virtual studio that makes recording and editing at the highest quality possible, accessible to anyone.
The main function is similar to other video conferencing software like Zoom, Skype, and Google Meet, but it has special and specific features that can make our virtual video podcasting a lot better! It also has mobile applications (Android or iOS) that you can download for free, in case you can’t join from your computer.
Like the vide conferencing tools that we’re familiar with, we only need to log-in using a link, talk to each other in front of our cameras, and record our session. Don’t worry about the controls in this software, the hosts and producers will take care of this one. You only need to follow the set-up instructions for guests (watch the videos below).
How to Prepare for the Recording
Share guest information
- Fill out our guest information form (click here) that will be used in our production and marketing materials.
Prepare your equipment
- Use and update Chrome or Edge browser.
- Check internet stability. Ethernet cable is preferred over WiFi. If not, we recommend a minimum of 5mbps internet speed.
- Use an external mic, if possible.
- Using headphones gives the best audio quality. Let us know in advance if you’re not going to use headphones so we can adjust our settings.
- If you use headphones, don’t plug them directly into your external mic.
- Disable VPNs and close all applications that don’t need to be open.
- If you can’t connect the mic/camera, make sure that you have given access to Chrome/Edge to use the mic/camera. Same goes for screen sharing.
- Reload the browser if you run into any problems.
- If you want to join from your phone, you can use the Riverside iOS or Android app. Watch how to do it here: iOS | Android
Prepare your background/environment
- Find a quiet room to record in.
- Make sure to turn off any fans, AC units, or heaters that might make ambient noise in the background.
- Make sure that there’s nobody else walking around in the background and making noise.
- Have proper lighting. Sit near a window, but neither directly in front of it nor with your back to a window. Alternatively, you can use a lamp and angle it in a way that can see your face.
- If you’re using a laptop camera, make sure that the camera is at your eye level and not below or too high from your face.